As I turn my attention to our next project, our biggest
project to date Spamalot, flashes of Motherhood Out Loud flitter through my
head. And I hope that stays. I feel nothing but gratitude to all those who made
this show a success: the actors, the crew, the audience, my family, my
co-workers all contributed to making the show work. It will be a show that I
never forget, and never regret. Thanks to all.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Wrapping Up
I’ve directed shows that I hit closing night and truly the
only feeling I felt was relief. Projects my heart wasn’t into, projects that
took too much out of me, projects that I was ready to put to bed. Motherhood Out
Loud was bittersweet when we finished our final performance to full house on
Sunday. On the one hand it takes a big load off of my already full plate. It
also relieves the break in routine that my husband and I pride ourselves on
keeping for our kids. But on the other hand it was a piece of my heart that I
had to tuck away…for now. I mentioned to several of my performers that doing
this show had the felt a lot like it felt to do shows in college. I was excited
every time I came to rehearsal. I wanted to hang out with the cast all the
time. I never got tired of listening to the show. Every time I listened to the
show something different caught my attention. Partly because the script is
written in such a way I could apply my own experiences to the stories that were
being played, and partly because my acting team did such an incredible job
keeping it fresh and doing something new every time they performed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment